National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC)
On May 10, 1930, on the campus of Howard University, in Washington DC, the National Pan-Hellenic Council was formed as a permanent organization with the following charter members: Omega Psi Phi and Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternities, and Alpha Kappa Alpha, Delta Sigma Theta and Zeta Phi Beta Sororities. In 1931, Alpha Phi Alpha and Phi Beta Sigma Fraternities joined the Council. Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority joined in 1937 and Iota Phi Theta Fraternity completed the list of member organizations in 1997.
Texas Christian University houses 5 of the 9 historically black Greek-lettered organizations that embody the National Pan-hellenic Council, Inc.
We, the representatives of historically established community service fraternities and sororities, similar in structure and background with both graduate and undergraduate chapters, recognizing the need for coordination and cooperation in activities of intercollegiate Greek letter fraternities and sororities, and recognizing that there are certain areas of action and programming that can best be realized by formal organization, do hereby establish such an organization.
The purpose of the TCU Council shall be to create and maintain high standards in the life of fraternities and sororities; to perpetuate constructive fraternity and sorority relationships; to foster an understanding of the structure and the method of operating among the affiliate organizations; to address, coordinate, and develop action strategies of mutual concern to the affiliate organizations; and to serve as the conduit for such action plans as may be developed.
|Vice President||J.R. Jolly|
|Community Service||Jalen McCarthy|
|Public Relations||Kelvin Gray|
|Recruitment Chair||Kiaya Johnson|
Chapter: Iota Eta
President: No President due to Inactive Status
Council: National Pan-Hellenic Council